Abu Dhabi bus transport launches new services
Abu Dhabi’s Bus Transportation Office has announced the first phase of the bus network services improvement in the emirate, featuring addition of new routes as well as cancellation of some underutilised services.
According to the Bus Office, the new implementations will be effective from March 4 as follows:
– 192, new bus service from Abu Dhabi city to Saadiyat Public Beach, replacing service 401 to have 9 trips and 120 minutes wait time.
– 193, new bus service 193 from Abu Dhabi city to Saadiyat Beach North, replacing service 403 to have 9 trips and 120 minutes wait time.
– 445, new service from Al Wathba Prison to Baniyas east Bawabat Al Sharq mall to have 9 trips and 120 minutes wait time.
In order to improve the timing on some routes, the bus office announces that there has been an increase in the number of buses, which will lead to increase the frequency to 20 minutes on following routes:
– 63 from Marina to Al Reem Island
– 40 from Al Marryah to Khalifa Park
– 10 Ras Al Akhdar to Zayed Port
– A1 – Al Zahiyah to Abu Dhabi International Airport.
Allocating Bus Routes
– Service 170 has been extended from Al Rawdha to Abu Dhabi International Airport Terminal 1.
– Service 162 has been extended from Khalifa Street to Abu Dhabi International Airport Terminal 1.
To that regard, service 140 was cancelled due to lack of usage, in addition, all bus services timetable in Abu Dhabi and its suburbs has been modified to operate for 18 working hours, except services 5, 7, 32, 54 and A1 which will remain for 24 hours, a statement said.